WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT

REVIEWS, HAULS, AND OTHER SPECTACULAR BOOKISH NEWS

Sunday, August 9, 2020

Reading Update and BookTube

Alright, I have a BookTube channel that I haven't been great at upkeeping. While I always enjoyed
making the videos and talking about books there were definitely times it was hard to balance. Especially when you live with roommates and have limited times where the environment is quiet enough to film and you're trying not to inconvenience anyone else. I last posted a video about six months ago and then the world got a little crazy, I was moving, and just plain working a lot. On top of all the external stressors that put video making on the backburner, I just wasn't reading at the same rate I was when I started the channel in 2018. Less reading means less content to review.

But, balance is finally coming back. We have our own place, my book room is fully unpacked and ready to use, and my schedule is leveling out into a manageable place. Now that doesn't mean I am going to have some crazy strict upload schedule that is multiple videos every single week moving forward. I still plan on primarily writing on here, the blog. But in addition to this I would also like to include about one video a week to the channel. Which I can also post on here.

As far as content goes for the channel it will mostly be book reviews and the occasional Tag Tuesday if there is a fun one floating around. I am moving away from buying a lot of books at once which means hauls would be rather boring and since I'm reading less, monthly wrap ups would be short. And I just honestly like doing the book reviews the most. Sharing and recommending the stories I read and loved is just fun.

Now you can check out my update video below where I talk about some upcoming reviews and even give a super short bookshelf tour. Spoiler, the shorts I am wearing are going to be my next activewear review!


Tiny correction for the video: my boyfriend watched this while I was editing and I accidentally called him a "PhD student" when he was upgraded to "PhD Candidate" this year. Oops!

Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment